Baptism deserves your careful, intentional, and honest consideration. Whether you or your child is being baptized, this event gives you an opportunity to consider your own Christian life. For your own benefit please take the time to look at this guide and consider how you intend to faithfully honor your baptismal promises.
YOU WILL BE BAPTIZED IN GOD’S NAME
Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
IN BAPTISM YOU ARE WASHED CLEAN OF SIN
Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’
IN BAPTISM YOU RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT, WHICH ENABLES YOU TO CALL UPON JESUS AS LORD
Titus 3:5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
IN BAPTISM YOU ARE WELCOMED AS A MEMBER OF THE BODY OF CHRIST
Romans 6:5 If we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.
IN BAPTISM YOU RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE
Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
You will promise to:
- Seek to grow in faith through your devotional and prayer life
- Seek to grow in faith within the community of faith the Church
- Promise to take every opportunity to show others God’s love and mercy that has been given freely to you.
Your church community will promise to:
- Look upon you as an important member of our community… encouraging you to find and use your gifts to serve God
- Help support you by reminding you of the good news of God’s love and grace and mercy
- Help support you in keeping the promises that you make in baptism.
If you would like to be baptized or if you have questions please fill out the form below or call Pastor Brian at the church office at 260-426-6464.